According to the National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, more than three million new cases of whiplash, also called neck sprains or strains, occur each year and account for more than 60% of bodily injury claims in car accidents.
If you have suffered a neck injury in an accident that is caused by someone else’s negligence, it is critical to speak with a qualified whiplash injury lawyer as soon as possible. An auto accident lawyer at Avrek Law Firm will handle your claim and pursue the maximum amount of compensation you deserve for your injury and damages.
How much is your case worth?Get a free case evaluation
Causes and Severity of Neck Injuries
When a sudden jolt from a car accident causes an abrupt back and forth motion of the head, whiplash is a common, painful type of injury. Neck injuries from motor vehicle accidents can range in severity from mild to serious, however even less severe neck injuries can have long-term negative effects on the lives of victims. Common neck injuries resulting from car crashes include:
- Neck Sprain Occurs when the ligaments in the neck are torn or stretched.
- Neck Strain Occurs when the muscles of the neck are strained or torn.
- Cervical Radiculopathy A pinched nerve in the neck that causes weakness in the muscles, numbness and pain.
- Herniated Disc Also known as a slipped or ruptured disc, this can occur when too much pressure is put on a disc, resulting in pain, numbness and weakness.
Neck strain and neck sprain are also referred to as hyperflexion-hyperextension injuries, but are more commonly called whiplash.
Symptoms of Whiplash and Neck Injuries
The painful symptoms of whiplash can be delayed for 24 hours or more after an accident. Symptoms of neck injury may include:
- Pain and stiffness in the neck
- Loss of range of motion in the neck
- Muscle spasms in the neck
- Shoulder pain or pain between the shoulder blades
- Pain or numbness in the arms, hands or both
- Slower reflexes in the arms and hands
- Pain in the lower back
- Trouble concentrating or remembering things
- Sleep disturbances
Legal Help for Whiplash and Neck Injury Victims
Avrek Law Firm’s reliable auto accident attorneys are committed to pursuing compensation for victims who have been injured in car accidents. We have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars for our clients in personal injury whiplash and neck injury cases cases.
Our car accident lawyers will investigate your claim and fight tirelessly on your behalf to claim the maximum compensation you deserve for your injuries and damages. Call Avrek Law Firm today or fill out the online form to schedule a free case consultation!