According to the statistics found by the Fatal Analysis Reporting System, 18% of all fatal car accidents are head-on collisions. The injuries sustained in a head-on collision can be disastrous and fatal, especially when a high rate of speed or a large vehicle is involved.
How much is your case worth?Get a free case evaluation
How Do Head-On Collisions Occur?
Typically, a head-on collision occurs when a car crosses over the center line of the roadway or a median, and collides with an oncoming vehicle. Most head-on collisions result from some level of driver inattention or negligence, including:
- Unsafe passing maneuvers
- Entering a curve with too much speed, causing the vehicle to swerve into oncoming traffic
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Debris or a stopped vehicle in the road, causing the vehicle to quickly change lanes
- Inattention to signs and traffic signals resulting in wrong-way driving
- Distracted driving
- Falling asleep at the wheel
- Bad weather conditions that could send a car of out control
Drivers make common mistakes that could lead to head-on collisions, including wrong-way driving and turning into oncoming traffic. If the driver and passengers are not wearing seatbelts, or if airbags fail to deploy, injuries from a head-on collision can be critical and are often fatal.
Get Legal Help from a Skilled Auto Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a head-on collision crash caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation for losses associated with the accident. Avrek Law Firm’s experienced auto accident attorneys will investigate your accident, establish fault and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation possible for you.
You deserve to be compensated for serious injuries caused by another driver in a head-on collision. Call our office or complete our online form to schedule a free case review!