In 2015, the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reported that there were 1,715,000 injury crashes reported to police. Broken bones and fractures are some of the most common injuries sustained in car accidents. If you have suffered broken bones or fractures in an accident caused by another party, it’s best to contact a personal injury attorney in California, Arizona or Nevada to discuss possible compensation for your injuries.
How much is your case worth?Get a free case evaluation
What is a Fracture or Bone Break?
Fractures occur when force exerted on the bone is stronger than the bone itself. WebMD describes the following main categories of bone fractures:
- Displaced In this type of fracture, the bone breaks into two or more parts, and the parts are not in alignment. When the bone is fractured into many parts, it is called a comminuted fracture.
- Non-displaced This type of fracture occurs when the bone breaks either part or all of the way through but remains properly aligned.
- Open When the bone breaks and pushes through the skin, it is called an open fracture. The bone may or may not recede back into the wound, but whether or not it does, there is a high risk of bone infection with this type of fracture.
- Closed If the bone breaks without any puncture or open wound to the skin, it is called a closed fracture.
Symptoms of Fractures
Bone fracture injuries caused by traffic crashes require immediate medical care. Depending on the type of fracture, a cast, splint, or even surgery involving plates, pins or screws to hold the bone in place may be required. The following are symptoms of a fracture:
- Bruising, swelling or bleeding
- Misshapen or out-of-place joint or limb
- Inability or limited ability to move a limb
- Intense pain
- Numbness and tingling
Get Legal Help from a Skilled Auto Accident Attorney
If you have been injured in a traffic crash caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation for losses associated with the accident. An experienced car accident lawyer from Avrek Law Firm will investigate your accident, establish fault and aggressively pursue the maximum compensation possible for you.
In many auto accident cases, fault or negligence is disputed by the other driver or the other driver’s insurance company. Our seasoned lawyers for car accidents know what it takes to achieve results, and have recovered hundreds of millions of dollars in compensation for our clients in personal injury claims and lawsuits.
With more than 30 years of combined experience, Avrek Law Firm’s expert auto accident attorneys are dedicated to helping people who have been seriously injured in motor vehicle accidents. Call our office or complete our online form to schedule a free consultation today!