Customizing a motorycle has become very common in California.
However, it is important that those who decide to modify their motorcycles be aware of their insurance company, as the cost could increase with each accessory added.
A number of research agencies on road accidents in Spain have published studies which indicate that the type of motorcycle with the highest accident rate is the Scooter.
This indicates that the customization of bikes can be a factor in traffic accidents.
Identifying Defective Parts
- First of all, you should clarify whether or not there is a real problem in the motorcycle.
- There are a few times when a biker thinks they have a problem with their vehicle, when in reality it is in perfect shape.
- Once a problem is determined on a motorcycle, you need to determine the cause of the defect.
- After having been able to reproduce the fault or breakdown in the motorcycle, you should monitor different variables in order to analyze if there is something out of the ordinary in them (variables such as exhaust gases, sensor signals and actuators, etc.). In this way if you detect an abnormal record in this monitoring that coincides with the failure that you have previously found, you will be in good track on the way to repair the bike.
- The fault does not always come from a particular piece in the motorcycle; in many cases the problem derives from the malfunctioning, to a greater or lesser degree, of a set of interacting pieces.
- You must always follow workshop manuals, technical guides, manufacturer’s workshops, and spare parts catalogs.
- It is vital to have all possible tools available for you, as working in a well-equipped workshop is of vital importance.
- Finally, we recommend that you always have at your disposal some piece of the same model of the motorcycle that you are reviewing in order to use it, as this will be of great help.
Popular Parts to Customize On Motorcycles
There are many brands that have long been offering accessories for the customization of motorcycles.
Brands like Juton or Barikit have a wide catalog of the most diverse accessories available to give the motorcycle a personal touch that its owner wishes to provide.
In fact, Barikit is well-known in the world of customization because of its Blauzafir blue pistons, although there are many accessories offered that are of the highest quality.
One of the most unique and flashy accessories that can be placed on a bike is the Wave brake disc, created by Galfer.
It is a peculiar brake disc whose shape is far from the usual.
Galfer proposes a disc that, as its name indicates, resembles the swell of the sea along the diameter of its circumference.
At present, it can be installed on all motorcycles and scooter models on the market.
Also providing mechanical solutions, Metrakit has designed a specially reinforced clutch for those bikes that have undergone customization to increase their power.
In fact, when such a process is carried out, it is not surprising that the original clutch does not support the added power and eventually skids.
To solve this, Metrakit offers a complete “competition” clutch kit, with improved discs and reinforced springs.
The kit, available for Derbi and Minarelli engines and for scooters, not only supports the increased power, but also manages to transmit it fully and immediately to the wheel.
Common Injuries From Motorcycle Accidents
The consequences of motorcycle accidents can be catastrophic.
Since people on motorbikes do not have any significant protection between them and the ground, motorcycle accident injuries can include:
- Injuries to the face
- Head injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Traumatic brain injury
- Loss of limbs
- Road rash
Common Causes For Customized Motorcycle Accidents
Here are some of the most common causes of customized motorcycle accidents in California:
- Drivers who did not see the motorcyclist
- Defective equipment on the motorcycle
- Rear-end crashes
- Road hazards
- Sudden lane changes
- Traffic signs improperly placed
- Sudden and/or unexpected U-turns
- Drivers who do not check their blind spots
- Weather conditions
Reselling Motorcycles After They’ve Been Customized
Have you tweaked your bike?
Once you alter a motorcycle from it’s original design or intended use, it can be harder to sell it down the road.
That custom seat may look excessively awkward or excessively fat, making it unpleasant to a purchaser’s eye.
A few buyers will love them, but many people might hate the custom work you did.
Attempt to see your bike through the eyes of somebody else who is just simply looking to buy a motorycle without all the bells and whistles.
Contact a Lawyer if You’ve Been Injured in a Motorcycle Accident
Remember that injuries sustained during a motorcycle accident can not only change the life of the injured person, but also that of their family.
That is one of the reasons why it is so important to immediately contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney from the Avrek Law firm.
Some of these problems mentioned above can be prevented and others are accidents.
A motorcycle helmet is a sort of defensive headgear utilized by bikers.
The essential objective of a bike helmet is motorcycle safety – to secure the rider’s head.
To basically help in decreasing head damage or even saving the rider’s life.
A few helmets give extra comforts, like ventilation, face shields, ear protection, radio, and so forth.
A made-by-request bike helmet holds the essential objective of security and assurance of the rider that wears it.
How much is your case worth?Get a free case evaluation