Bus Accident Lawyers In Burbank California: Due to their large size, lack of visibility and restricted maneuverability, bus accidents are all too frequent.
And often lead to serious injuries and fatalities resulting in wrongful death lawsuits.
These accidents occur in many different ways.
Being hit by a bus while driving you car is one thing, but being hit by a bus while a pedestrian is an entirely different story.
According to police reports, some of the most common places for bus accidents in Burbank, California are the following:
- Olive Avenue
- San Fernando Boulevard
- Hollywood Way
- Alameda Avenue
Top Causes of Bus Accidents in Burbank
Some common causes of bus accidents in Burbank are:
- Poor road quality
- Equipment defects
- Inexperience or negligence of the driver (this applies to both the bus driver and drivers of other vehicles)
- Bad weather
- Mechanical failures
- Distracted driving
Common Injuries From Bus Accidents
- Brain injuries and head injuries – These are among the most serious of all injuries suffered by victims of bus accidents. Symptoms of head injuries following an accident include memory loss, chronic headaches, potential loss of vision, and changes in cognition or mental capacity prior to injury.
- Internal injuries – The impact of a bus accident can cause internal organ damage, including damage to the heart, liver, kidney, and lungs.
- Bone fractures – Bone fractures are painful and serious injuries which can cause a number of medical problems if not healed properly.
- Amputation – One of the most serious and devastating injuries that can result from a bus accident is the loss of a body part or limbs. These injuries require long-term physical therapy, prosthetics, and often involve psychological trauma.
- Broken bones – this is a very common injury
- Death – The most serious result of any bus accident is death.
Contact a Bus Accident Attorney in Burbank
After a bus accident, you may be worried about how you will pay your medical bills and take time off from your work.
If your child was injured on a school bus, you may have similar concerns about the impact of harm to him or her.
The Avrek Law attorneys are here to help and to get maximum compensation for you and your daughter.
What is My Bus Accident Claim Worth?
Our legal office will strive to obtain the maximum compensation that a bus accident victim deserves, including all damages under California law including:
- All charges that have to do with past and future hospitals, medical expenses, physical, psychological, and dental therapy
- All past and future loss of income and loss of ability to earn income
- Loss of enjoyment of life and activities lost
- All past and future pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- All damage to property, even for vehicles, personal property, such as broken clocks and cell phones, rental charges, and all property use losses
- All decrease in the value of your property
- And any and all other appropriate damages allowed under California law
Our office has been handling bus injury cases in Burbank, involving many different situations, for over 30 years.
We can help an injured victim get the medical care they need and get the financial recovery they deserve.
How Long Do I Have To Take Legal Action?
Each type of litigation has a filing deadline.
The so-called “statute of limitations” for personal injury cases in California typically is 2 years from the date of the accident. So the main thing to remember is if you’ve been injured contact Avrek Law today.
Don’t fight the insurance companies alone.
Types of Bus Accidents
The types of accidents where commercial trucks and buses are involved can be many.Occasionally, these types of accidents are the result of negligence on the part of the bus driver or the company for whom they work
Causes include the following:
- Driving at high speed
- Lack of training as a driver
- Lack of maintenance and repairs
- Driving too close to other vehicles
- Making a bad judgment when it comes to maintaining the distance between vehicles
- Movement or driving illegally
- Evasive and inappropriate actions
- Distracted driving
- Making unsafe lane changes
- Driving aggressively
- Brake failure
- Lack of cargo security
- Not having the experience or not being familiar with the commercial truck or bus that is operating
- Not being familiar with roads and highways
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
Bus Accident Checklist – What To Do After An Accident
- Seek medical aide immediately. Even if you feel okay, keep in mind that some injuries do not appear immediately. Some fatal brain injuries, for example, show no symptoms for an hour or more. It is better to be safe and secure. A visit to a medical professional could save you from a serious complication.
- Talk to witnesses. If you can, write down the bus driver’s name, license plate number, bus insurance information, witness contact information, and anything else you can think of.
- Take pictures – photos are the best form of evidence other than video
- After a bus accident, it is important that you take precautions when talking about the incident or when signing any paper. Hire a qualified personal injury attorney from Burbank.
Drivers and bus owners are required to keep buses safe and in good condition.
If you have been injured in a bus accident, one of the unavoidable questions will be whether the company or the driver did their utmost to provide a safe form of transportation.
How much is your case worth?Get a free case evaluation