Bike Accident Lawyers In Burbank California
Riding a bicycle nowadays in Burbank (or any city in California) can be extremely dangerous, even for adults.
With more cars than ever on the road, people being more stressed than ever and distracted while driving, it’s a bad combination.
And with the weather so nice year round in California, there are always a lot of cyclists on the roads.
According to police reports, some of the most dangerous streets and avenues for cyclists in Burbank California are the following:
- California Street
- Empire Avenue
- Frederic Street
Top Causes of Bike Accidents in Burbank
- Distracted drivers
- Road hazards
- Faulty equipment
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Inexperienced riders
Common Injuries From Bike Accidents
Unfortunately when a bicyclist is hit by a car, the injuries can be very serious and cause long-term disability.
Other than a helmet, most bicycle riders don’t wear much protective gear and that makes them very vulnerable.
Obviously when a car hits a bike rider the bicyclist really doesn’t stand a chance, but wearing a helmet can make a big difference.
Some of the common injuries that bicyclists suffer from are:
- broken bones
- head injury
- back injuries
If you have been injured in a bike accident please contact Avrek Law today for a free consultation.
Contact a Bike Accident Attorney in Burbank
Cyclists run a much higher risk of injuries related to bicycle accidents because they lack any decent protection, apart from them wearing a helmet.
If you have been injured while traveling on a bicycle, you want an experienced and effective Burbank lawyer to help you claim for damages and all your losses.
The Avrek law firm bicycle accident attorneys have the ability, knowledge, experience, and resources to help you get the compensation you need.
What is My Bike Accident Worth?
If you are injured by a motor vehicle while riding a bicycle in Burbank, the motor vehicle insurance company will pay your medical bills, loss of income and other expenses.
This compensation covers your medical expenses, loss of income, transportation (hospital visits), cleaning services, and other expenses incurred in, as a result of your injuries.
- Medical expenses –
- Lost income –
- Future earnings
In addition to these benefits, you can file a claim for compensation for expenses that were not sufficiently covered by them, these include:
- Medical bills
- Lost wages, including both current and future wages
- Pain and suffering
- Rehabilitation costs
- The expenses related to the bicycle
- Mental distress
How Long Do I Have to Take Legal Action?
In California, you have a specific amount of time to file a lawsuit or resolve your claim.
The statute of limitations for a personal injury claim in California is two years from the date of the accident if the responsible party is a private person.
What this means is that you have two years from the date of the accident to file a lawsuit or resolve your claim.
Contact our office to speak with a Burbank personal injury lawyer about your legal rights. All consultations are free.
Is a Lawyer Necessary and How Much Does it Cost?
Injured cyclists tend to face significant medical expenses, hospitalization costs, and related rehabilitation and ongoing care expenses.
Injured victims may not be able to return to work until fully recovered. Some are permanently or temporarily disabled and are unable to reintegrate into the workforce.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a bicycle accident in Burbank, California, it is essential that you have a better understanding of your legal rights and options.
We do not charge attorney fees unless we recover money for you.
Bike Accident Checklist – What To Do After An Accident
– Seek medical attention – As always, your first priority should be to seek medical attention after a bicycle accident. The advantage of doing so is that it provides documentation detailing the degree of any injuries. Some can be clearly evident to everyone, but others can only be perceived by the eye of a trained professional.
– Get a report from the police – When the police arrive, kindly insist that a complaint be filed. Do not let the police convince you that you can file a report at a later date. Police reports are very useful with personal injury cases.
– Get an accident report – An accident report will provide a record of the facts surrounding your bicycle accident. This report will also include the names and contact information of persons involved in the incident.
– Consult an attorney – We’re here to help so contact us today.