Driving a car safely requires full attention and focus. Sometimes, just a split second of inattention is enough time for a tragedy to unfold. A driver who takes his or her eyes off the road to read or send a text poses a danger to other motorists as well as pedestrians and bicyclists.
Avrek Law Firm’s auto accident attorneys understand that recovering maximum compensation for auto accident damages makes a life-changing difference for victims. We fight tirelessly to get you the care and money you deserve to move on with your life following a distracted driving car crash.
How much is your case worth?Get a free case evaluation
Distracted Driving – A Deadly Epidemic
At some point, most drivers have made a decision that took their undivided attention from the road. It could be reaching for a dropped wallet, turning to check on an unhappy child, or entering coordinates into a navigation device. More likely than not, it was making a phone call or sending a text message while behind the wheel.
- Distracted driving was the reported cause of death of 3.450 people in 2016
- In 2017, an estimated 391,000 drivers were injured in distracted driving crashes
- In 2017, 9% of all teen motor vehicle crash deaths involved distracted driving
- According to a 2017 CDC survey, 42% of high school students who drove in the past 30 days
- Anything taking attention away from driving is a distraction – texting or talking on a cell phone, using a navigation system or eating while driving
- When you send or read a text message while driving, the five seconds you take to look away is long enough to cover the length of a football field at 55 mph
Multitasking is a way of life in our fast-paced modern world. It’s a common sight to see a person taking a phone call while simultaneously typing an email or, more dangerously, driving a car. The results of a motor vehicle accident can be devastating, with injuries ranging from cuts and bruises to broken bones and lifelong disabilities from head, back and leg injuries.
Hiring the right auto accident attorney is imperative to recover the compensation you deserve for your injuries, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses.
Speak with an Experienced Auto Accident Lawyer
On any given day at any given time, roadways are filled with danger, including many distracted drivers. If another driver was negligent and caused you harm, it is your right to recover compensation.
Avrek Law Firm has recovered millions of dollars on behalf of auto accident victims. To speak with an Avrek auto accident attorney for a free consultation about your case, call our office or fill out the online form today!