Over the past 40 years, there has been a downward trend in the number of car accidents and traffic fatalities. The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that seat belt use, reduction of impaired driving and vehicle improvements have contributed to the decreases. However, this doesn’t mean that the roadways are completely free of accidents.
The auto accident attorneys at Avrek Law Firm represent the victims of car, truck and motorcycle accidents, and fight aggressively to get clients the medical care they need and the compensation they deserve.
How much is your case worth?Get a free case evaluation
Driver Error Contributes to Car Accidents
Motor vehicle accidents are preventable. According to the NHTSA, car accidents are caused by four primary reasons:
- The driver
- The vehicle
- The roadway
- Atmospheric conditions (weather)
Primarily, four types of driver errors result in motor vehicle accidents:
- Recognition ErrorsInattention, inadequate surveillance, and internal and external distractions are examples of recognition errors. Eighty percent of crashes and 65% of near-crashes involve some form of distraction within three seconds before the event.
- Decision Errors Decision errors include driving too fast for conditions and making illegal maneuvers.
- Performance Errors Executing an improper motor response—like panicking or overcorrecting—constitutes a performance error.
- Non-performance Errors Driving while under the influence, driving while drowsy or fatigued, and poor driver health are instances of nonperformance driver error.
If you have been injured in a car accident caused by someone else’s negligence, you may be entitled to receive compensation for losses associated with the accident. An experienced car accident lawyer from Avrek Law Firm will investigate your accident, establish fault and pursue the maximum compensation possible.
Contact Avrek Law Firm’s Experienced Car Accident Attorneys
Avrek Law Firm has successfully resolved many motor vehicle accident cases for our clients, which includes several multimillion-dollar settlements. If another person’s negligence caused your injuries, and Avrek’s skilled auto accident lawyers will fight to secure the compensation for your recovery. If you need a lawyer for a car accident or other motor vehicle crash, call our office or complete the online form today for a free case evaluation!