How much is your case worth?Get a free case evaluation
When guests walks through or sits in a chair in a hotel or casino, they expect to have a certain level of confidence that they won’t end up injured. Unfortunately, thousands of people are harmed by faulty floors and chairs in hotels and casinos across the United States.
While managers, homeowners and staff cannot avoid all hazards, any negligence can cause or contribute to worsening damage from flooring or a chair in bad conditions, and they may end up being responsible for the costs resulting from injuries to victims. If you have been injured in a casino in any way, it’s always in your best interest to call a knowledgeable personal injury attorney like those at Avrek Law.
Main Causes For Premises Liability Claims
Under California premises liability laws, the owners of casinos, hotels and other premises have a duty to exercise reasonable care to prevent risks that pose a threat to the health and safety of others. When premises owners, managers, employers or other responsible parties fail to take precautions against dangerous chairs, flooring or other aspects of their properties, they may be held liable for any resulting injury.
The injured party has the legal right to seek compensation for their losses and suffering through a premise liability claim. However, the law also penalizes the negligence of a retailer, manufacturer, distributor, supplier, creator or seller of a defective product that causes injury or death. Several parties may be responsible for the poor quality of a defective product.
According to Article 2 of the Restatement (Third) of Torts: Products Liability, claims for damages caused by a defective product are the result of one of three areas:
Factory Defect: Defects produced during manufacture due to the use of poor quality materials or due to negligence of the labor involved.
Defect in the Design: The product is dangerous, regardless of the care with which it is manufactured.
Marketing Failures (Absence of Warnings): There are cases of injuries and even death that could have been avoided through effective communication.
If you believe you have been the victim of a defective, poorly designed, or incorrectly marketed product, an Avrek Law personal injury lawyer can help you seek justice if you have been injured by a dangerous product.
Common Injuries From Slip and Fall and Broken Chair Accident Claims
We made a short list with some of the most common casino injury complaints:
- Injuries to the neck, back and spine. Injuries in these areas are often difficult to treat and are very painful. Injuries such as a fractured back, a herniated disc or a pulled muscle can all be suffered by tripping and falling or even by trying to maintain balance at the time of falling from a chair. These injuries can bring you chronic pain and in some cases can only be fixed with surgery. This type of injury can also cause people to not be able to return to work.
- Fractured bones. A slip and fall or broken chair accident can also damage ankles, legs, wrists, arms, and can even a cause fractured hip or pelvis. Any fractured bone can cause expensive medical bills and potentially keep you out of work.
- Head injury. Head injuries are also very common when falling from a chair. These injuries may range from a concussion to brain injury.
- Torn ligaments and tendons. Torn tendons and ligaments may also be found in chair fall victims. These injuries are very common in the feet, legs or knees, and are usually painful. Most tears can take months to heal and need physical therapy or even surgery.
How Much are Slip and Fall or Broken Chair Injury Settlements Worth?
This question, as you can imagine, is very difficult to answer accurately, as each situation is different and involves different injuries and circumstances. Properly assessing the value of a case takes the skill of an experienced slip and fall lawyer. There is no simple calculation.
A hotel and casino injury case will depend on the following variables, among other things:
- The areas of the body that were affected
- Statements of witnesses
- Factors affecting the credibility of witnesses
- Pre-existing injuries
- Aggravating factors
- Other factors
You can seek monetary compensation for the following claims:
- Medical expenses
- Unpaid wages
- Pain, suffering, and mental anguish
- Medical care in the future
- Loss of potential future income
What to Do After a Casino Injury
A a premises liability or chair fall accident in a hotel or casino can be very intimidating. For this reason it is important to understand what to do after one of these accidents, as your decisions can directly impact your ability to take legal action if necessary.
- Stay calm. These accidents can be flashy and painful.Take a moment to calm down, take a deep breath and clear your mind.
- Examine the flooring, chair or other property defect. It is extremely important that you take detailed notes of the details at the time of the accident. If you know which defect in the chair or floor caused your fall, write it down and even take pictures of the area, if you can. If there are any witnesses, get their contact information.
- Go to a doctor. It is important to go to a professional for medical assessment as soon as possible, even if you do not feel any pain after the accident. A doctor can make sure you have an injury and will document it in a professional manner. This documentation will be very important in the future if you decide to file a premises liability lawsuit.
- Contact Avrek Law. An experienced slip and fall attorney can help you navigate the tedious process of filing the personal injury lawsuit and will ensure that you receive the compensation you deserve. It is important to contact a specialized attorney to make sure that your claim is filed timely and correctly.
Do I Need a Casino Injury Attorney?
If you suffered a slip and fall accident at a hotel or casino, you are not alone. It is important to seek the advice of a personal injury attorney to understand your rights and defend them in order to receive compensation for your injuries. Contact the Avrek Law and speak with a casino injury attorney.
If you’ve been injured in a casino at no fault of your own, Avrek Law may be able to help. In a free consultation, you’ll receive expert advice from a law firm with over $1 billion recovered in over 45,000 cases. Contact us today – we want to hear more about your case!