Animal attacks can be an incredibly traumatic experience. Pets are very common, but this does not mean that each owner of a pet has properly trained their pet, or has a pet that is trustworthy around humans. Animal attack injuries, including those from dog bites, can be devastating. They can completely change a person’s life and the lives of everyone who knows the injured person. Calculating just how much any particular animal attack injury claim is worth can be difficult and complicated.
Each state has its own laws and regulations when it comes to adjudicating an animal attack claim. In California, many nuanced laws must be navigated while working through personal injury law. When anyone receives injuries from a dog bite, the victim will need to look for a reputable dog bite lawyer for assistance. Call us today for a free, no-obligation consultation!
How Do I Prepare For Making a Claim?
It’s always a good idea to get in touch with an experienced lawyer as soon as possible, but you can do some other things to make sure your case goes as smoothly as possible.
- Keep all your medical records
- Make a list of all property damage or loss you have suffered
- Keep receipts for everything you spend related to your accident
- Pay attention to expenses that are out of the ordinary and caused by your injury
- Keep a journal of your emotional health
- Track your sleep and how your injury has interfered with it
- Record every time your injury interferes with your daily routine
No amount of money can ever make up for the personal trauma and family suffering that personal injury causes, but bringing a personal injury case can give you a sense of closure as well as protect your rights and help to make life after an accident more bearable. Consult with one of Avrek’s many experts in personal injury law today to discuss your options.