Getting out on the busy streets of San Diego does not seem like a dangerous act, but even while respecting traffic rules, pedestrian accidents are a very serious reality.
When a pedestrian is hit by a vehicle, even an accident at low speed can lead to serious injuries.
Unfortunately statistics show that children and the elderly are the most at risk when it comes to pedestrian accidents.
Lawyers at Avrek Law Firm have seen firsthand how pedestrian accidents in San Diego can be devastating to victims and their families.
Avrek Law Firm we aggressively represents our clients to get maximum compensation for the physical and emotional damage that such a serious accident leaves on them.
According to police reports, the most common places for pedestrian accidents in San Diego are the following:
- Mira Mesa Boulevard
- Marbury Avenue
- SB I-5 & La Jolla Village Drive
- 805 North Freeway
- South Melrose Drive
Common Causes For Pedestrian Accidents in San Diego
Here are some factors that can cause a pedestrian accident:
- Cars do not stop at the pedestrian crossing or at a stop sign.
- Drivers who pass school buses at full speed or drive at high speeds in school zones or neighborhood areas.
- Cars that do not stop when the light is red.
- Drivers who do not provide enough space for pedestrians on narrow roads.
- Drugs / Alcohol for pedestrians and drivers is another common cause of death in traffic accidents.
Common Injuries From Pedestrian Accidents in San Diego
Due to the unique characteristics of car accidents involving pedestrians, we tend to see some of the most severe injuries; many of them ending up in a lifelong disability.
Among the most common injuries to pedestrians involved in vehicle accidents in San Diego are:
- Brain injuries
- Injuries to internal organs
- Broken bones
- Injuries to the joints
Contact a Pedestrian Accident Attorney
Some drivers try to blame pedestrians for the accident.
They can sometimes even say that the person ran into the street without any warning.
Our pedestrian injury lawyers from the Avrek Law Firm in San Diego know how to fully investigate pedestrian accidents.
We know which facts are crucial to support pedestrians’ arguments that the driver caused the accident.
We interview witnesses, examine police reports, and even visit the scene of the accident.
No matter what it is, we are prepared to do it for our clients.
What is My Pedestrian Accident Claim Worth?
Our attorneys strive to obtain the medical care and compensation our injured clients deserve, including all damages under California law for all injuries sustained, including:
- All past and future medical charges, hospital, physical therapy, psychological, cosmetic, and dental charges
- All past and future income losses, as well as all the time lost on the job
- Loss of enjoyment of life and activities lost
- All past and future pain, suffering, and emotional distress
- Any and all other appropriate damages allowed under California law
Let someone with experience in handling these issues help you.
Call our offices for a free consultation with an experienced injury lawyer or any member of our legal team.
How Long Do I Have to Take Legal Action?
California offers a two-year limit for personal injuries claims.
This means that a victim who has suffered injuries must resolve their claim or file it within this initial time period of two years or risk losing their right to sue for compensation.
Is a Lawyer Necessary and How Much Does It Cost?
If you have been involved in a pedestrian accident in San Diego, don’t wait to contact us, call today.
If you were injured due to negligence on the part of an automobile driver, contact a lawyer who’s experienced in these types of accidents as soon as possible.
Our attorneys can help you with the following:
- Establish the responsibility and guilt of the other party involved
- Represent you in your claim to the insurance company for maximum compensation
- Obtain money for your medical treatment expenses, for injuries caused by the accident
- Obtain money for lost wages
- Obtain specialized medical care, without you having to pay out of pocket, or in advance
If you or someone you know has been injured in a pedestrian accident anywhere in San Diego or anywhere else in California, please contact our offices for a free consultation.
Pedestrians hit by a car, truck, bus, or train can suffer very painful and disfiguring injuries.
If you were injured by a car, bus, train, or other vehicle, please contact us now.
You can call us for a free consultation and we work with a contingency fee, meaning you do not have to pay anything until we win your case.
Pedestrian Accident Checklist – What To Do After An Accident
If you or a loved one is involved in a pedestrian accident, it is very important to get as much information as possible about the vehicle and the driver involved.
This must include the license plate, the brand and model of the vehicle, the driver’s full name, current telephone number and address, and the driver’s license number, as well as his/her insurance company and policy number.
It is good practice to actually see the other person’s driver’s license and copy all of it and not simply rely on what they tell you.
We have had clients who were given false information by the other party, so we highly recommend you to check the driver’s license.
If the vehicle leaves the crash scene, be sure to call the police at 911 immediately and provide as much information as possible.
Because pedestrian accidents occur in many different ways and often involve very complicated situations, victims or their relatives should call our offices immediately.
Usually, it is best to call from the accident site, so we can help you get the best medical care as well as compensation for the victim’s injuries and damages.