Cycling is fun and is a great way to stay in shape.
For a number of diehard cyclists in Sacramento, it’s a way to go to work or school which friendly to the environment.
Fortunately, California is an environmentally conscious state where many people can and do enjoy outdoor activities such as cycling.
The risk however lies in sharing the roads with cars and trucks, which are much larger.
Occasionally, bicycle accidents in Sacramento lead to serious injury or death.
In either case, you are best advised to seek experienced Sacramento bike accident lawyer on your side.
According to police reports, the most common places for bicycle accidents in Sacramento are the following:
- Laguna Boulevard near Santorini Drive
- Elder Creek Road near Florin-Perkins Road
- Hillsdale Boulevard and Palm Avenue
- 10th Street
Top Causes of Bicycle Accidents in Sacramento
In Sacramento, bicycle accidents are caused by many factors.
According to police reports, the most common causes of bicycle accidents in Sacramento are
- Vehicles pulling out in front of a bicycle.
- Distracted driving
- Changing lanes without checking for cyclists.
- Make an illegal turn to the left in front of a cyclist with right-of-way.
- Driver error failing to leave sufficient distance between the vehicle and the cyclist.
- Failing to obey stop signs and/or red lights.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Defective product, in the design or pieces of the bicycle.
Common Injuries From Bike Accidents
The most common injuries related to bicycle accidents in Sacramento are as follows:
- Fractures in the arms and legs
- Spine injuries
- Neck and back fractures
- Facial injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Road rash
Cyclists are at a much higher risk of serious injury as they have no protection when hit by a vehicle.
The greater the speed and weight of an automobile or truck compared to a rider’s bicycle, the more serious the danger is when a collision occurs.
Contact a Bike Accident Attorney in Sacramento
Insurance companies exploit all available means to get a claimant to settle for the least possible amount of money.
Insurance adjusters are experts in asking questions to victims in a way such as to elicit a response that can harm your case, so avoid talking to them at all costs.
Do not sign anything and do not allow the adjuster to file your return.
Tell the adjuster who your lawyer is, and they will take the necessary steps to protect your rights.
Contact a lawyer from Avrek Law Firm to ensure you receive a fair compensation from your injuries after a bike accident in Sacramento.
What is My Bike Accident Worth?
If you or someone you love is involved in a bicycle accident in Sacramento, as a result of a driver’s negligence or recklessness, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries.
May Include medical expenses and rehabilitation expenses, lost wages, permanent disability, loss of future income, pain and suffering, mental anguish, and more.
We at Avrek Law Firm work hard for our clients and are committed to providing exceptional service as part of our goal to be the best bicycle accident attorneys in Sacramento and the rest of California.
How Long Do I Have To Take Legal Action?
All personal injury claims must be filed in court within a certain time frame.
It is important to seek the advice of a personal injury lawyer long before the date of the statute of limitations on your claim is met and you are prevented from doing so.
You can always withdraw your claim at a later date, but you cannot file a lawsuit after the time period has expired.
In the case of California, a person injured after a bike accident has a period of two years since the time of the accident to file a claim, thereforr you should be quick to contact the lawyers from Avrek Law Firm if your bike accident in Sacramento resulted in injuries.
Is a Lawyer Really Necessary? How Much Does It Cost?
For the best representation Sacramento has to offer, contact us at the Avrek Law Firm.
With 30 years of experience we are able to help you protect your legal rights.
We will conduct an initial case analysis and answer your questions about legal options free of charge.
In our firm, you are not just another case, you are a person.
If you or a member of your family has been involved in a bicycle accident, the time to ask for help is now.
Contact us today to schedule your free, no-obligation consultation with an experienced Sacramento bicycle accident lawyer from the Avrek Law Firm.
Our clients only pay a fee when we win their case, so if we don’t win your case you don’t pay any fees.
Bike Accident Checklist – What To Do After An Accident
If you are involved in a bicycle collision in Sacramento and have suffered injuries, the Avrek Law Firm suggest you to do the following:
- Call 911 for immediate medical and police assistance.
- If you are seriously injured, be still and do not move until emergency personnel arrive to help you.
- Do not yell or curse to other people involved, and do not cause physical damage to vehicles.
- Write down the name, address, telephone number, driver’s license number, car brand, registration number, insurance company name, and policy number of all vehicles involved in the collision.
- Get any collision report number from the police who made the record.
- Write down the names, phone numbers and addresses of all the people who witnessed the accident.
- Take photographs of any damage to the bike and any mark left on motor vehicles.