Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers
We have seen the devastating effects traffic accidents can have on both the victim and their family. When a car accident of this type is the result of negligence of another individual or entity, our car accident lawyers in Phoenix, AZ are committed to help the injured obtain the compensation necessary to normalize their life again.
While filing a lawsuit does not reverse an injury, or bring back a loved one, it is at least possible to provide financial stability during such a difficult time.
Avrek Law has over 30 years experience and we’ve recovered over $250 Million for our clients.
Contact us today online or at 480-809-3045.
Car Accident Statistics in Phoenix
More than 100,000 automobile accidents in Arizona were reported in 2011, claiming 754 lives and injuring more than 33,000, according to the Arizona Department of Transportation.
Many of these accidents occur in Phoenix, especially at the following locations:
- I-10, which cuts through the center of Phoenix and leads to Los Angeles, CA to the west, and Tuscon to the southeast.
- I-17, which starts in Phoenix and leads north directly to Flagstaff.
- State Route 101, which circles most of the city of Phoenix.
- S. Route 60, which passes through Phoenix and continues east across the southern states
Often, the guilty driver does not have auto insurance as required by Arizona law. However, you may still have a claim. Many insurance policies have uninsured and underinsured coverage, allowing you to file a claim against your own policy.
Top Causes Of Car Accidents
- Distracted driving: This is the most common cause. Doing things like talking on the phone, sending messages, or fixing your makeup while driving, produce a lack of attention for several seconds, which can be fatal.
- Driving too fast: Never miss the one in a hurry. Exceeding the speed limit is not only a traffic violation, but also very dangerous because the faster you go, the harder it gets for your vehicle to react in the event of an accident on the road.
- DUI: Everyone must have heard it a thousand times, but still, they continue to drive after drinking alcohol. The confusion and inability to concentrate caused by alcohol produces millions of accidents in the world.
Common Injuries From Car Accidents
- Cervical whipping
After receiving an impact (a frontal or backstroke, a strong brake, etc.), the head makes a sudden forward and backward movement known as whiplash.
This type of movement can produce sprains; rupture of ligaments, strains and, in the most complex cases, hernias in the superior disks.
The movement of the head during the impact can be carried throughout the back, also affecting the dorsal and/or lumbar area and causing back pain and low back pain.
The back pain is identified with pain in the central area of the back (which can move to one of the two sides), which intensifies in torsion or flexion movements , when stretching the neck, or raising the arms.
They are very common injuries in traffic accidents. There are many types, open and closed, clean, with bone splintering, etc. Depending on the nature of the fracture, treatment and recovery will be simpler or more complex.
Should I hire an attorney?
A general lawyer can have a notion of how to handle the case, but a Phoenix car accident lawyer will guide and accompany you throughout it, telling you what steps you must follow, what requirements you need.
Also according to your injury, your car accident attorney will tell you how each insurer acts, which will help to obtain the best compensation according to the damages suffered in the traffic accident, whether these are material and/or personal.
In addition, our lawyers at the Avrek Law Firm are constantly adapting to the new legislation, expanding their knowledge as the new regulation is approved, and adopting the way of proceeding in claims for compensation as required by the new rules.
What is My Accident Claim Worth?
After an accident, one of the most important things to do is to find out who is entitled to compensation. Normally the driver who has not been guilty of the mishap is the one who can make a claim to the insurance. Even if they lack vehicle insurance, the power to complain does not disappear.
The rest of the occupants also have the right to claim compensation. It should be recalled that compensation is not only granted to cars, but also to vans, trucks, motorcycles, and mopeds. During a car crash, even the affected pedestrian receives compensation, except if the accident is the exclusive fault of the victim.
In the event of an accident with fatalities, the compensatory action extends to certain relatives of the deceased person. This question is related to the degree of kinship between them, the absence or not of certain relatives, and the level of economic dependence with the victim, among other parameters. The responsible for paying the indemnities are the insurance companies of the vehicle guilty of causing the mishap.
You can use an online calculator to find out how much you can claim, but this does not replace the guidance of an attorney with years of experience in the area.
Am I entitled to compensation for losses?
Compensation for losses depends on the degree of incapacity caused in the victim:
- Absolute disability: As a result of anatomical or functional losses, the injured person needs the assistance of another person to perform the most essential acts of life, such as dressing, moving, or eating.
- Great disability: Inability for the realization of any profession or trade.
- Total disability: Inability to carry out all, or the main tasks, of the usual profession provided that the injured party can perform a different one.
- Partial invalidity: It causes a decrease of at least 33% in normal performance for the usual profession.
Compensation for death includes both moral damages and economic losses resulting from death (depending on the age and personal, social and family circumstances of the victim).
All those harmed by the death of a person will be entitled to receive this compensation, so that, not only the heirs, but also the partner and people who depend economically on the deceased.
How long do I have to take legal action?
This can depend on many factors:
- The duration of the injuries
Let’s start with the most obvious: the deadline to collect the compensation in no way will be less than what it takes the injured in recovering from their injuries (or if they are stabilized). You cannot – or at least should not – close an injury claim when you are still not sure how long the injured person will need to recover or what his final condition will be.
- How to claim compensation
This factor has great importance, especially since, in July 2015, the decriminalization of the faults judgments approved by the government has brought to the civil litigation claims for injuries.
- Guilt of traffic accident in traffic accident
Nearly eighty percent of road traffic injury claims that end up in trial are because the parties (the injured party and the insurance company who opposes him) do not agree on who is to blame for the accident.
Types of car accidents
Remember there are many types of auto accidents and each one requires a different approach:
- Rear collision.
- Side-to-front collateral (T-Bone).
- Collision and flight incidents.
- Collisions on motorways.
- Shocks on one side.
- Frontal collisions.
The causes of auto accidents may vary. The most common are crashes which are the result of reckless driving or distractions (like other passengers in the car, talking or texting while driving). Add incapacitated or drunk drivers, tired truck drivers, or defective parts to the list of possibilities and you will realize how dangerous our roads can be.
Whatever the cause of the accident, we at Avrek law firm can help. When a person sits behind the wheel, he owes each of us the obligation to drive responsibly. If another driver causes an accident and provokes damage to you or your property, you must claim for a just compensation.
How much does a lawyer cost?
The attorney fees in traffic accident-related suits have always gone a bit apart than the rest of the prices for legal services. Thus, if to initiate a divorce, or an eviction, or write a contract, the lawyer used to set a fixed price for the entire procedure, when regarding the claim for compensation for injuries in an accident, lawyers have always gone to a litigation fee.
The pact of litigation, in essence, implies that the lawyer does not charge his client a fixed amount, but subordinates their fees to a percentage of the final result. For example, if you win one hundred dollars, your lawyer gets ten, and if you win two hundred they will get twenty.
It is a perfect solution for claimants, since it offers the following advantages:
- You do not have to pay any funding. The fees will be paid once it covers the compensation, and only for the assumption that it covers.
- The attorney fees in traffic accidents will be proportional to what the injured receives.
- The client has the assurance that his lawyer’s fees depend on the outcome, so the lawyer will do everything in his power to ensure that he gets the maximum compensation possible.
5 things to do after a car accident
When a traffic accident occurs, and we are involved in some way, we must initiate an action protocol that starts by signaling the zone well.
- Once we stop the car, the first thing we should do is to turn the emergency lights on, after that, grab the signaling cones and place them correctly.
- The key is to be seen, because this way we will avoid possible abuses and new collisions.
- If people are injured: We must call 911. In no case should we move the seriously injured person unless there is a risk of fire or if the vehicle is on the edge of an embankment and there is a risk of it falling.
- If there are no injuries: It is imperative to fill in a friendly accident form with the police, in which we will include all the data, as well as a brief summary of the accident.
- After the paperwork we will have to go to the emergency department of the hospital so that they generate the medical form for traffic accidents. This medical form will determine all the injuries that we have suffered in the accident and will contribute later to give strength to our claim.
What happens to my car insurance after a car accident?
After a claim is filed, your insurance company assigns you a claims adjustor, who is your contact from then on. Adjustors coordinate teams that look at medical reports, investigate the accident, speak with witnesses, view the scene, examine the vehicular damage, manage all the repairs and any medical treatments, check all coverages (how much your policy pays for medical injuries and property damages), and ultimately determine fault.
While adjustors work, medical treatment and auto repairs start immediately, with each insurance company covering its own driver’s injuries and property damages. This process of “making you whole” is known as indemnification. Your insurance company indemnifies you, not the other way around. Later, after the insurance companies assess fault, they will negotiate to determine which one will reimburse the other for claims paid.