PATIENT DIED AFTER DOCTOR ALLEGEDLY USED CASTOR OIL NOT APPROVED FOR HUMANS
ENCINITAS, CALIFORNIA (August 8, 2017) – A 30-year-old woman was tragically killed after visiting a naturopathic doctor in order to get treatment for her eczema.
Encinitas police are saying that Jade Erick suffered an allergic reaction after she was injected with castor oil and turmeric. There was a warning label on the castor oil that read, “CAUTION: for manufacturing or laboratory use only.”
Jade Erick was rushed to the hospital following the accident. Tragically, she was later pronounced dead. A spokesperson for the manufacturer that makes the castor oil said that ImprimisRX never received or dispensed a prescription for Jade Erick.
Our staff at the Avrek Law Firm were deeply saddened to learn about the tragic death of Jade Erick. Our thoughts and prayers are with the family of the victim as they mourn such an incredible loss.
If you or someone that you care about has died due to the negligence of a doctor, there is help available. Our team of highly experienced Encinitas medical malpractice lawyers are here to help you with whatever you need. Whether you’re looking to hire an attorney or just want free legal advice about your situation, we care about you and are here to help 866-598-5548.